Wednesday, April 30, 2008

books, books, books and baskin

The past week has been one of sun, spring and books. I'm still down here on the cape and have had the opportunity to visit some great bookstores. As I had hoped in one of my previous posts, I did in fact procure a copy of The Owl Papers illustrated by Leonard Baskin.


I also found (!) a copy of the Graphic Work of Leonard Baskin,



and a copy of the Auguries of Innocence by William Blake, illustrated by Baskin. (It also happens to be an advanced reading copy from 1968!


I also found some other interesting children's books like The Shy Little Girl illustrated by Trina Schart Hyman


and Zoo by Bruno Munari.


wow, I just noticed that the little girl and the giraffe kind of look the same.

***

Also I have been looking at herring,


playing with Boomer,



and working on a commission as well as preparing for Somerville Open Studios this weekend. More on that later!!!

No comments: